Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rich gets scalped and a Rollerblading Oddesy on Venice Beach…





With Saturday off in the big City there was only one thing Landry and I wanted to do:

Strap on our new Rollerblades and hit the boardwalk in Venice.

We like to keep in shape when we are on the road, people always laugh when I tell them about my 5 am morning jog, but Landry and I are some real fitness buffs. We used to skateboard and tear up the half pipes, but ever since Landry broke her arm skating during SXSW 2 years ago we have been a bit more careful, so we took up a real extreme sport.

Here’s Landry Skating:


Venice is just the sort of place where a bunch of Lonesome Heroes can hang out & blend in.

Landry decided that I look too much like a hippy so she cut my hair off on the beach (I personally think that grooming on a public beach makes you look like a hippy, but who cares.)

Here’s the last Picture of my golden locks:


It didn’t hurt my feelings one bit, as I have never considered myself a hippie, I just happen to have graduated from UCSC and drive a VW van out of practicality, not as some sort of statement. I decided to go to American Apparel to fully make myself hip, but all the clothes looked like what I wore in middle school and were overpriced. So I bought some sunglasses and a new hip dress for Landry at a cute African Boutique instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment